Was your Netgear Extender Setup successful? But still, the range of your WiFi network didn’t expand? If yes, it might be the case of the failed Firmware update. We will share a thorough solution, but first read some important details about the Firmware update.
What is Netgear Extender Firmware?
First, you should know what is the role of extender Firmware. Basically, these are a bunch of guidelines that will administer the functioning level of the extender to help boost the network range in the nooks and crannies of your home/workplace.
Generally, the firmware is automatically updated. But sometimes, the users change the settings unintentionally, and those predefined update settings can trigger.
The latest firmware update is required to reap the full benefits of your WiFi range extender. So we are providing an easy guide to update the Netgear extender firmware, which needs to be followed with complete attention.
Few reasons of failed Netgear extender firmware update
- The automatically downloaded firmware update file is corrupted.
- The network range is insufficient.
- The router firmware is also not up to date.
- Change in default settings of the firmware.
- Hardware issues in extender or router.
- The network is not secure.
- The wires and cables are old and damaged.
Follow below-mentioned tips deliberately:
- Foremost step is to connect your computer or mobile device to the extender network.
- Once connected, it is time to access the extender settings.
- Open any browser and enter Mywifiext.net in the URL bar.
- Enter the correct credentials to log in to Mywifiext. This action will take you to the next page, and a menu icon will be displayed. Click that icon, and the extender menu will open on your screen.
- Access the firmware update page from that menu.
- Now go to settings and find the option for Firmware Update.
- In some cases, these options can be displayed with different labels. Settings might be labeled as Maintenance, and the followed one can be seen as Firmware Upgrade.
- Now a button with Check Online label will be shown. Click that.
- There will be the availability of new firmware. The set of instructions will also be displayed onscreen.
- Follow those instructions to successfully download the firmware.
- Once the entire process is completed, the Netgear extender will automatically reboot.
Note: Do not attempt turning off any of the device- extender, mobile or computer during the process. Turning off might hinder the process, and there will be the possibility to start the entire procedure again.
What to do if Mywifiext.net not working?
We usually keep getting the query for an alternate way to access the extender login page because some users get the error while accessing the page using the web address. If you have also been getting this error simultaneously, don’t bother because we have a solution.
The optimum way to log in to the extender page is via the IP address.
- Simply enter 192.168.1.250 in your browser URL bar and hit enter.
- Enter your login credentials on the displayed page.
- Now, the rest of the process is exactly the same as explained earlier.
Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the firmware update as per all of the instructions, the network strength will be automatically boosted.
Additional tip: Take account of the placement of the router and wi-fi range extender. Don’t place them too far from each other. The right placement of both the devices will help the network range tap the far corners of your home or workplace.