There is nothing to be worried about “how to configure your range extender”. It is one of the common problems faced by everyone and all those who involve in this process, get worried and frustrated during installation. But we recommend, drop all your queries and problems on us.
First, sit back and relax. After that, calmly follow the steps given below:
- You must be aware of your WiFi network password in order to complete the installation of extender successfully.
- First of all, you need to place your router within the range of extender (as nearest as you can). Once the process of installation is done, you can place extender anywhere, but it should be within the range of your router.
- If you are using a wired extender, plug it into a socket. Do not stretch its cable. If its cable gets stretched, it leads to low connectivity.
- When connected to the socket, you have to wait for approximately one minute till you see the enable LED light on your range extender.
- On the very right corner of your desktop, you see a “Network” icon. Click it.
- You see a number of enable connections and out of those; you need to select the one.
- Next, on your desktop or laptop, open a web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari if you are using Mac).
- Now, in the address bar, you need to type www.mywifiext.net or you can directly go to “Netgear Genie Smart Setup Page”. If you see an “error message” while logging into the setup page, apply the first one.
- Once logged in successfully, a setup page displays, which will ask you to fill the default details in the required field. Type “admin” for username and “password” in the field of password.
- Select your enable WiFi network. Once selected, hit “Continue”.
- Enter the password in the given box and hit “Continue”.
- Select a name according to your need, for your extender WiFi network (you can create a new one). After the completion of this process, hit “Continue”.
- A box named ”Use Same Security Mode” will ask to select it, to apply the settings to your current WiFi network connected with your extender WiFi network.
- Once done with the above process, connect all your wired and wireless devices, including computers, laptops, smartphones, modems, routers, LED TVs, etc. to the new WiFi network.
- Select the box that says, “My wireless devices are connected to the Extender network”.
- Click “Continue”.
- After that you can disconnect all your devices from the extender, place them to the area that have the weakest signals.
- Now, you will see that the area in your house known as the “Dead Zone” has the finest signals ever.
In this way, the range extender works for you to provide the best quality of signals in every corner, stairs, balcony, terrace of your house, and even in backyard.
If you are still facing issues while configuring the range extender through manual steps or tired of configuring by yourself. We suggest you to do not waste more time on it.
Just rush to your phone, dial a toll-free number 1-888-927-4505 and get a professional assistance to set up your extender in a hassle-free manner.