The WiFi dead zones are those spots in your house where the internet seems less or disappear. As a matter of fact, with all the devices, architectural interference, cordless phone, Bluetooth speakers, and metal appliances in the average home, even the fastest and your most powerful WiFi router can miss a few spots in your home. Netgear extender setup is a simple and economical way to bring life to dead zones.
Netgear WiFi Signal Boosters
Wireless range extenders are also known as signal boosters. They help in boosting the existing wireless range in your home by receiving the internet signals from your main router and replicating them with external antennas and powerful amplifiers, extending your WIFi coverage by 2x faster the range. Netgear Smart WiFi range extenders are universally compatible. It can boost the wireless range of any standard WiFi router from any brand.
How to improve the extender performance
The best to place your Netgear extender is halfway between your existing WiFi router and the dead zone. Soon after the Netgear WiFi range extender setup process via www.mywifiext.net wed address your signal strength and bandwidth will be boosted immediately and directed to the WiFi trouble/blind spot.
On the other hand, range extender should be placed openly at a higher place and away from interference-creating WiFi obstruction like electronic gadgets and toys, microwave, security alarms, automatic garage opener, treadmill, and baby monitor.
WiFi Analytics Application
Prior to setting up your Netgear WiFi range extender, it is recommended to you download the Netgear’s WiFi analytics application to test the WiFi signal strength in your rooms throughout your home. On the other hand, this app also helps in identifying where your WiFi coverage is poor/weakest. Once you’ve set up and installed your smart WiFi booster, make use of the WiFi analytics app once again in order to see how your network speed has improved and test the signal strength as well.
In addition, the WiFi analytics app can:
- Help in optimizing your home WiFi network.
- Check your network status.
- Monitor the existing signal strength.
- With the least traffic interference, the WiFi analytics app can identify WiFi channels as well.
Desktop or Wall-plug Design?
You have two great options handy.
Netgear WiFi range extenders come in two (2) types of form factors:
- One is those that are meant for desktop placement. A great choice if you want up to five (5) Ethernet ports to connect more wired (network-ready) devices and USB (Universal Serial Bus) storage options.
- Another one is those that are plugged directly into the wall socket. If you prefer a less obtrusive, wire-free design.
Netgear WiFi booster: Perk up your entertainment WOW Factor
If you are too serious about your online gaming and live streaming entertainment then it is recommended to use a WiFi range extender to give your device (any) with a network port (wired) and great WiFi connectivity.
It’s pretty easy to do! Simply use an Ethernet cable to connect your Smart HD TV, Blu-ray player, or game console to your WiFi Extender’s Ethernet port. And that’s it. You’ve now connected your device wirelessly to your existing WiFi network without any issue.
Note: It is also recommended to upgrade your home theater to the fastest, uninterrupted and continuous WiFi speeds available.
If you want to extend the range of your dual-band router, it’s very much important to choose the best signal booster. Most dual-band WiFi range extenders connect to your WiFi router and your device on both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz) at the same piece of time.
Sharing both bands can result in lower overall networking speed. All Netgear dual-band wireless range extenders support FastLane technology, to ensure faster internet speed. In addition, the FastLane technology lets you link one WiFi band to your main router and connect the other band to your WiFi-enabled devices.
New Wireless Access Points (AP)
Use a Netgear range extender as an Access Point (AP) mode to create new and secure wireless access. Provided that, your office or home has wired network connections with CAT5 or Ethernet outlets.
Just switch your range extender to AP (Access Point) Mode.
- For this, you have to connect your computer or laptop with your Netgear device wirelessly or with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- After that, load up a relevant, cache, cookies, and browsing history free web browser.
- Type the web address mywifiext.net or Netgear default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.250 in the URL bar.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Enter login credentials (when prompt).
- And follow the on-screen instructions given on Netgear Genie smart setup to setup and install your range extender as an access point mode.
- For further assistance, please contact our technical department at toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.
Now connect and roam freely in every corner of your house
Netgear WiFi range extender can add the final piece to high and uninterrupted internet speed. So, you can freely stream music in your backyard, courtyard, terrace, garage, balcony, lobby and video chat in your kitchen without signal breakage, or play online games, download stuff from the internet in your basement. In other words, Netgear WiFi range extenders lets you to enjoy high-speed of the internet everywhere in your house.