Set up Netgear Extender without Having the Installation CD
Generally, Netgear Extender comes with a CD that makes installation trouble-free. But what if you have lost it? Well, don’t worry as one can easily install the device without having CD.
Netgear WiFi range extenders neither need installation CD nor special drivers and software to set up and run properly. Similar to routers, these devices come with an in-built setup wizard that helps users to install them without any problem.
There are two ways to set up a range extender without installation CD: browser method and WPS method. Let’s discuss them one by one:
Browser method of installation:
- Place extender within the range of router.
- Plug in the device to power outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes and let the power LED turn solid green.
- Use a wireless device like smartphone or tablet and connect to a network.
- Open any Internet browser and go to mywifiext.net.
- Click on the new extender setup button.
- Follow on-screen instructions to install Netgear Extender.
This method will only work if your extender has WPS button.
- Plug in the extender to an electrical socket and turn it on.
- Long-press the WPS button for approximately 5-6 seconds.
- After a couple of minutes, press and hold the WPS button on router.
- Once done, you will be taken to Netgear WiFi setup wizard.
Thus, one can easily install extender without using CD. In case of having any problem, contact our technical team on toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.
Call at Toll-Free Number 1-888-927-4505
In case all else fails, do not worry. Sit back and relax. Call on 1-888-927-4505 number that would be toll-free for you. Once done, you will immediately be connected with our professionals who have in-depth knowledge of WiFi extenders, routers, modems, etc. Discuss all your queries with them and get a one-time solution over a single phone call.