Netgear EX6200 Extender Setup
Netgear needs no introduction! But anything we can brief is that its products are beneficial for all.
Netgear is spreading its network all over the world and its products are much more beneficial for people who own a big or small business or home network. It can connect a number of devices at the same time and supply high range of Internet to all of them without any interference of third-party network and buffering.
The Company sells its products through its sellers and resellers spreading in more than 20,000 locations and launches new products every year. Each product comes along with new features for good connectivity and to spread its range even in the dead zones.
Now, let us help you in configuring the Netgear EX6200 WiFi range Extender
- Place the extender and router in the same room during the process of configuration. Once done, you can place the extender to its required place, but remember both the devices should be within 15-20 feet of range with each other.
- Plug in the extender into an electrical outlet and wait for a minute until the power LED on the device turns solid green.
- If you find the power LED on the range extender is still blinking, push the WPS button on the back of the device, wait for two minutes, and press it again.
- If your device does not support the WPS process, you can connect any of your wired devices (laptop or desktop) with your range extender using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the Ethernet cable on LAN ports at the back of the extender and then connect another edge of the cable to your wired device.
- Once done, pull up any of the web browsers and in the address bar, type mywifiext.net.
- After logging in successfully, a page will display that asks you to fill in the login credentials that would be default.
- You can also use the Netgear Genie setup process by connecting it to your existing network.
- After connecting the Netgear Genie successfully to your existing network, it itself changes the settings of extender by default. Also, you can change the default settings according to your own if needed.
- The default name of your wireless network would be NETGEAR_EXT.
- The smart wizard of Netgear Genie will search for your network automatically.
- A network name 2.4 GHz displays. Select it and hit Continue.
- Once done, it will ask you to fill in the security details, after that hit Continue.
- A page displays with a small box that reads “My Wireless devices are connected to the Extender network”.
- Hit Continue.
- After going through all the process, click Finish to complete the setup.
- The device on your extender will blink or can be displayed in a clear solid green color. This is because your extender is placed closer to the router.
Note: After or during the process, you have to make sure that your router is openly placed as it throws good signals that help you a lot in configuring the extender. Do not hide your router or haphazard it with other wires.
Need more assistance? Contact us
Issues while configuring the range extender with your router or any other wired or wireless devices seems to be common these days. It only happens when a user fails to configure on his own or going through the manual steps.
But trust us; it is not a big thing for us. We deal more than complicated issues than these. No need to waste your precious time in such a small troubleshooting or increase your blood pressure by getting frustrated. Both can harm you.
In that case, you need a guide whom you can trust and solve all your problems. You just need to visit us at mywiefiext.net or you can share all your queries by talking to our technicians on the toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.