NETGEAR Genie is a useful app for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS users that lets them make both advanced and basic setting changes, including updating the new firmware, changing SSID and resetting password. NETGEAR Genie offers a dashboard to handle, monitor and fix all your network issues. With the help of this app, you can control all media files from your smartphone or tablet in a remote manner. The app even provides support for single sign-on (SSO) feature that lets you make use of one set of login details for all NETGEAR accounts. In simple words, you can use the same username and password for all NETGEAR accounts. You can download NETGEAR Genie for desktop from its official website. For mobiles, grab the app from Google Play Store or App Store. (more…)Read More
While trying to access NETGEAR configuration page i.e. mywifiext.net, users may face various error messages. Browser cache and IP address issues are most common reasons why users face this error. In order to get access to this web page, all you have to do is:
- Place extender and router in the same room.
- Plug in the device into an electrical socket. Once done, make sure that its power LED becomes visible.
- Enter the default IP address into the address bar.
- In case you are still not able to log in to the page, try using a different web browser or contact mywifiext experts at 1-888-927-4505.
- Connect desktop or laptop with WiFi range extender.
- Allocate a static IP address to the system.
EX6200 extender maximizes the power of network and takes its range in every corner of house or workplace. Here are the steps to set up EX6200:
- Place router and extender in a clean room.
- Plug in device to socket.
- Connect your computer with extender.
- Open a web browser on computer. This will automatically take you to NETGEAR Genie screen. If not, call at 1-888-927-4505 to take help from certified technicians.
- Choose a network and click on Continue.
- Next, apply settings.
It’s quite easy to configure NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender via manual setup. The configuration process depends on whether you use extender with an Ethernet port or not. If you own range extender with an Ethernet port, follow the instructions given below to configure it:
- Use a desktop or laptop to connect to extender.
- Sign in to web interface of extender. Here, you have to enter default username and password.
- Create an account for NETGEAR Extender Setup.
- After logging in, verify the value of Password (Network Key).
- Connect WiFi devices to extender once again.
NETGEAR wireless routers are most popular devices used by millions across the globe. However, there are times when you want to reset router’s WiFi password. Maybe your neighbors are using your WiFi or you want to keep hackers away from it. Whatever the reason, it’s very easy to change WiFi password of router. If you have forgotten the WiFi password of NETGEAR router, follow the steps below to change it:
- Open a web browser on your system.
- Go to mywifiext.net web page.
- The page will ask you to enter the current username and password of router into the given fields.
- Type the old password.
- Enter the new password.
- Finally, click on Apply button.
- Exit the router interface.
WiFi extenders are useful devices that help you increase the range of WiFi coverage. They rebroadcast signals coming from main access point. Usually, connectivity problems occur due to following reasons:
- Configuration issues with wireless adapter.
- Environmental problems such as electromagnetic, structural, and electromagnetic interference caused by various devices you use.
- Router transmits low-quality signals.
- Firmware of router needs an update.