Netgear WN3500RP Extender Setup
Netgear is a fast leading company spreading its range of network all over the world. Our aim is to provide instant tech support as well as fast, reliable and secure network to our customers. We actually want our customers to experience the high range of network without buffering, no matter where they live. Netgear range extenders give birth to even those places declared as “Dead Zones”.
Be familiar with us and feel free to ask anything anytime. Give us a chance to serve you and trust us as we are the one who never leave our customers. A name which can solve any query of any type and that would only be “mywiefiext”.
Now we come to your query. How to configure my Netgear WN3500RP range extender?
- Place your extender closer to your router approx 10 feet but not more than 15 feet.
- You also need to make sure about your router that its wires are not haphazard with each other. Do not hide your router as its antennas throw the powerful range which makes installation much easier with your range extender.
- Plug in your range extender and wait for the power LED to turn solid green.
- Grab any one of your wireless devices and look for the active connection NETGEAR_EXT that supposed to be the name of your wireless network by default.
- Now, launch a web browser on your same wireless device and in the address bar, you need to type mywifiext.net. It will directly take you to Netgear Genie setup page (Netgear Genie setup guide makes installation much easier than you might think).
- Your existing wireless network might be having an enable wireless security. If yes, you need to enter router key followed by Continue.
Note – If you failed to detect the wireless network, make sure that your main router is within the range of the range extender as mentioned earlier.
- Select the 5 GHz wireless network on your router and click Continue.
Note: Select the option “My router does not support 5 GHz band” (if required).
- Click Continue.
- If you still failed to catch the name of your wireless settings, just go through the password you saved for your router.
- Unplug the router and the extender once again, wait for a minute, and plug them back again.
- You can also change the settings of extender; just click on the small box asking “Use the same security mode and password as those for the existing network” to continue.
Note: You have to be certain that the settings you have made are correct; otherwise you will be automatically getting disconnected from the extender connected to your desktop.
- Once you successfully configured the extender with your desktop, select “My wireless devices are connected to the extender”. By going back to the Netgear Genie page.
- If you see the page telling you about your extender is successfully installed, close the setup by hitting on continue.
Customer care help desk
If your extender suddenly stops working after a successful configuration, you just need to follow the above-given steps. Again, in case you failed to configure or really get frustrated by following all of them again and again, just give us a chance to serve you.
No troubleshooting required in this step, just your two efforts, first, pick up your smartphone and second, dial a toll-free number 1-888-927-4505. By following this, you will realize that you should have followed the recently given step long time before, because we have the leading team of experienced technicians in the world. “Ring us, trust us”.