In this article, we have taken Netgear EX6250 (AC1750) WiFi extender as an example.
Netgear EX6250 dual-band WiFi extender boosts the existing WiFi coverage with your internet to create a powerful, strong, and secure mesh WiFi for outstanding wireless speed and internet coverage and range.
Netgear extender setup enhances your existing router’s WiFi signal and perks up the signal quality as well over long distances.
Prior to installing and setting up your extender, have a look at its LEDs, ports, and buttons.
LED And Its Description
Router Link LED
WiFi connection from your existing router to the Netgear EX6250 extender.
- Green LED: Best connection.
- Amber LED: Good connection.
- Red LED: Poor connection.
- Off: No connection.
Client Link LED
Wireless connection from your computer or laptop to the Netgear range extender.
- If you see a solid green light on your range extender, it means that connection is best.
- In case, you see a solid amber, then it means your device has a good connection.
- If your extender flashes a solid red, then it indicates that there is a poor/worst connection between your devices.
- If you hardly see any LED, then it means that there is no connection between your devices.
- Solid Amber: EX6250 is booting.
- Solid Green: EX6250 is powered on.
- Off: EX6250 is powered off.
- Solid Green: WPA or WPA2 is enabled.
- Blinking Green: WiFi-Protected Setup connection is established.
- Off: No security.
Note: For more information, dial a toll-free number 1-888-927-4505 and ask us for Netgear extender support.
- Moreover, if No arrow LEDs are lit, then it means that Netgear EX6250 is placed in a good location.
- If the Client Arrow LED blinks, then you have to move your computer, router or any WiFi-enabled device closer to the range extender.
- If the Router Arrow LED blinks, then please move the extender closer to your existing WiFi router.
The Netgear Extender Installation
You can install your range extender in one of the following modes:
- Extender Mode.
- Access Point Mode.
The Extender Mode
In the extender mode, your Netgear EX6250 repeats the signals from your main WiFi router. After initial Netgear WiFi range extender setup process, the best location for your EX6250 is about halfway between your main router and the area with poor internet connectivity. So, the extender supposed to be in the range of your router.
- First of all, set the Access Point (AP) /Extender switch to Extender.
- Place your Netgear EX6250 in the same room as your router.
- Plug your Netgear extender into a power source.
- Open a web browser into your computer or laptop.
- Type mywifiext into the URL bar.
Netgear Genie Smart Setup Page Displays.
Just follow the on-screen prompts to configure your device with ease like a pro.
Note: If you do not see any LED activity on your range extender, then push the power (on/off) button on your device once.
You can also install your range extender using the WPS method
- Press the WPS button on your Netgear EX6250.
- Wait for a few seconds or until the WPS LED start linking.
- Within one minute, push the WPS button on your main router.
- The WPS LED on your range extender lights solid green and the Router Link LED will light up. This means that your extender is successfully connected to your WiFi network.
The Access Point Mode
You can install your EX6250 as an access point that helps in creating a new and secure WiFi hotspot using a wired/Ethernet connection.
- Firstly you are supposed to set the Access Point/Extender switch to AP (Access Point).
- Then plug your extender into an electrical outlet that should be shock-proof and damage-free.
- Once you do that, the Power LED on its lights solid green. If it doesn’t, hit the Power button.
Connect a computer/PC/desktop or computer to the EX6250 using an Ethernet or a WiFi connection:
On your device (computer or laptop), get connected to the extender’s default WiFi network (Netgear_Ext).
You can also use an Ethernet cable in order to connect the Ethernet port on your range extender to an Ethernet port on your computer or laptop.
- Launch a web browser.
- In the browser’s address bar type www.mywifiext.net. If you didn’t get mywifiext.net setup success, you the default IP address of your range extender instead.
When a login page displays – enter your admin details (default or personalized) – click the login button – follow the on-screen instructions and set up your device easily without any issue.
For complete setup and installation tips, feel free to reach us via toll-free number given above.