Want to make your Netgear extender home network safe and sound? If a big yes, the best practice is to change the default password of your extender to something else. If you are still using the Netgear extender default password, it is recommended to change it right away.
Most of the users unfamiliar with the fact that anyone within their network range can easily find the network password. Once they get to know the default passphrase, they can make setting changes without your knowledge, thus preventing you from gaining access to your own WiFi network.
Therefore, change the SSID as well as password of your wireless network without giving any second thought. You can do so through mywifiext web address.
This post will thoroughly guide you on how to change the default WiFi range extender password in a hassle-free manner. Let’s dive in.
However, for quick assistance to change the Netgear extender default password, you can reach out to the experts at toll-free 1-888-927-4505 (24×7 Helpline).
Before getting started, let us ask a question to you i.e. what is SSID?
In case you are totally unaware of the term, panic not! Thousands of computer users don’t know the term either, and that is completely okay.
In layman’s terms, SSID is a technical term meant for the network name. SSID is an abbreviation used for Service Set Identifier. Users often see an SSID when they use a mobile device to connect to a wireless network.
Let’s make it clearer with an example – In case you are in a cafe, hotel or restaurant and trying to connect your smartphone to a local WiFi, then you will see a list of SSIDs. This list basically is all about the network names present within the range of your device. You just need to select the name of cafe, hotel or restaurant network and enter the password to connect.
That’s enough to make you well-versed with SSID.
Almost all extender manufacturers set up their devices to make use of a generic name by default. Hence, security experts recommend you to change the Netgear extender default password. Here’s how to do so.
Change the Default Password for Netgear Extender
Follow the instructions given below to get the job done:
- Firstly, you need to connect the Netgear WiFi range extender to a computer system. For this, you can use either a wired connection or connect it wirelessly.
- Once there is a reliable connection between the extender and PC, apply constant and fluctuation-free power supply to both of the devices.
- Be certain to connect to a high-speed WiFi network on your computer. To do so, click on the network icon and choose a WiFi network to connect. Keep in mind that it must not be a neighboring network.
- Now, you are ready to access the default extender login page.
- For this, launch an internet browser on your PC and visit mywifiext.net web page.
- Type the username and password in the given boxes.
- After that, Netgear genie smart setup page will open.
- Head over to Admin settings.
- Click on ‘set password’ option.
- Type the old passphrase i.e. Netgear extender default password.
- Thereafter, type the new password you want to keep.
- You will require to enter the new password twice for security purpose.
- At last, click on Apply button to make the changes effective.
And there you are! Using the aforementioned simple and easy steps, you can change the default password as well as network name or SSID of your Netgear WiFi range extender. If you need any technical assistance during the process, bear in mind to contact the well-trained experts at toll-free 1-888-927-4505.