Recover Lost or Forgotten WiFi Password in Minutes
It has become very important to secure WiFi network as other people can use the overall bandwidth and download illegal stuff from the Internet. So, one must add strong and hard-to-guess password for their WiFi system. But what if you forget the password? No need to worry. Simply follow the steps below to recover WiFi password:
- Click on WiFi icon on computer.
- Open network and Internet settings.
- Click on the name of WiFi.
- Click on change adapter options link.
- You will find view status of this connection. Simply click on it.
- Under the security tab, check the box next to show characters.
After that, you will see the password in plain text.
- Open the Utilities folder.
- Find your WiFi network name and double-click on it.
- Type admin details and click on show password.
By default, Android doesn’t have the capability to show saved passwords. So, one will need to use a third-party app such as WiFi Recovery.
If you want to recover WiFi password on iPhone or iPad, there is no way to do so unless the device is jailbroken. In case you have a jailbroken iOS device, use Cydia app to see stored WiFi passwords. The app is only compatible with iOS 6 and higher versions.
- Connect a computer or laptop to router with the help of Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and type IP address of router.
- Once done, hit Enter.
- Type login credentials.
- Click on the wireless section.
- Now, you will see SSID (network name) along with security. There is also a password field which shows your wireless password.
Note: In case there is no Ethernet cable, you have to reset router to its default settings.
Get Professional Help
If you are still unable to find the WiFi password, grab your smartphone and dial toll-free number 1-888-927-4505. After that, you will get connected with the best industry experts who will resolve all your problems with the blink of an eye.