Connect Netgear Extender using WPS
WPS or WiFi Protected Setup is mainly used to keep your network away from the reach of hackers. With this method, you can easily set up range extender without any need of installation CD. Before using it, make sure that modem or router is compatible with it. WPS automatically set up solid security and random network name for computers, access points, adapters, routers, and other devices.
With this method, there is no need to run the setup wizard or manually enter the password. This method will only work if your router and wireless devices come with the WPS ability.
Set up Netgear Extender using WPS
Here are the steps to set up an extender using WPS button:
- First of all, plug in router to an electrical socket and turn it on.
- Make sure that router is providing an Internet connection.
- Press WPS button for around 5-10 seconds. After a couple of minutes, WPS LED will start blinking.
- Press router’s WPS button.
- Wait for some time. A connection between router and extender will be made.
- Once the connection has set up, you are good to go for using the device.
In case you have any queries, feel free to ask them from our technical team by calling on toll-free number 1-888-927-4505. Let us tell you WPS does not provide support for WEP security.
Dial 1-888-927-4505 to Know More
mywiefiext.net is a family of certified and knowledgeable technicians who provide satisfactory answers to all queries of customers. No problem is small or big for us; we vouch for a solution and let our customers enjoy a problem-free Internet experience. Call us now at our toll-free number 1-888-927-4505 and get technical assistance and guidance for issues related to Netgear extenders, routers, modems, powerline, and orbi. Trust us, we never leave our customers in trouble.